Here is our addition to the Scott McLeod challenge.
When it comes to education, we have to stop pretending…
- That our current educational system has the capacity to meet the needs of all learners
- That we are adequately preparing our children for the future they will experience
- That a high-stakes, “moment in time” test is a worthy indication of what a student has actually learned
- That learning only occurs between 9 AM – 3 PM, Monday – Friday, September – June
- That we are giving students any meaningful say in how they learn, when they learn and what they learn
Please join the challenge. When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.